Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

1st Dental Checkup

I brought Eugene to his 1st dental checkup today. We reached clinic about 830am. I though we are the earliest one but there already about 10 persons are waited inside the clinic! Then we proceed to register at the counter and take the queuing number. Luckily they have special queue for the toddler. We are the second in the queue!
We had to wait a while when we got to the clinic. So I took the opportunity to talk to Eugene about opening his mouth wide wide for Dr to check his teeth.
There is a study corner with lots of magazine all about dentist in action, so I showed Eugene that this is what the dentist will do for him later.

When we got in, Eugene was very calm. He greeted the Dr “hello” and then we proceed to sit on the dentist’s chair. The chair is pretty big for Eugene, so the dentist asked me to let Eugene sit on my lap instead. So I sat on the chair, and let Eugene lay on top of me.

The dentist told me that she will just count his teeth. When dentist put on her face mask and ask Eugene open his mouth, he was cried out loudly and refused to open his mouth. Probably Eugene felt strange that Dr wearing face mask. Alamak.....I forgot to tell Eugene that dentist will need to wear the face mask for hygiene purpose. The whole procedure takes less than 1 minute. And the dentist told me that his teeth are in perfect condition. And very good dental hygiene. *Yay*

am so glad that Eugene's first dental experience had been pleasant. And the checkup is free too! I didn’t even have to pay any admin/ registration fees.

0 comments: